Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Orbitz Worldwide is a leading online travel and technology company, but we didn’t need to tell you that—that’s why you want to work for us, right?
We’re the ones fighting for you to Take Vacation Back, because we believe no vacation day should go untraveled (it’s not just a slogan, we actually believe it). We offer a huge selection of low airfares and unbeatable hotel deals, with the inside scoop on everything to make your trip memorable—from the cheap, the cool, to the even cooler. We are looking for a Manager for our Data Warehouse DBA team.
The Manager for Data Warehouse DBA team must have the proven ability to lead a team of DBAs that are responsible for managing a mission critical data warehouse environment.
- Proactively monitor both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health
- Take accountability for the availability and accuracy of data warehouse data.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades.
- Lead capacity planning and ensure proactive monitoring
- Adhere to security requirements including SOX and PCI.
- Effectively manage DBA team members onshore and offshore .
- Participate in database related proof-of-concepts on new technologies
- Maintain integration between DWH Database and Hadoop.
- Part of an on-call team to provide system support of a 24x7 environment
- 4+ years of experience in the field of Data Warehousing.
- 3+ years of experience as a Teradata or Greenplum DBA.
- 2+ years in similar management position.
- Experience in working with offshore team members.
- Excellent personal communication, leadership, organizational skills, and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or related degree or related, equivalent experience
Orbitz is a proud partner with Joining Forces to support our military & their families in finding employment